How to Apply for Accountant Recruitment 2020/2021 at Miracle Corners of Zambia
Accountant is a member of the Finance and Administration Department with a direct reporting line to the Country Manager and constant contact with MCW Regional Finance and Administration Manager and Chief Operations Officer. Accountant shall manage the day to day recording of accounting transactions accurately, management and preparation of monthly Transfer Requests and Reconciliations. Develop and implement sustainable and efficient financial policies that facilitate quality and timely decision making, planning and performance management systems, in compliance with MCZ and MCW Finance Policy, providing expertise in financial reporting and control to assist management in the formulation and implementation of MCR’s strategy.
- Company: Miracle Corners of Zambia
- Location: Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Day-to-day Financial Management
- Preparation of monthly transfer requests and submission to the MCW Regional Finance and Administration Manager in a timely manner.
- Payment of staff advance in order to support staff in carrying out their daily duties.
- Review online payments for vendors, office bills, staff and salaries which have been initiated by Country Manager.
- Posting of financial transactions in computerized accounting package on daily basis
- Reconciliation and maintenance of staff advance account;
- Managing and processing of payments to suppliers and ensure that they are properly accounted for.
- Filling of vouchers and other financial related documents on daily basis and ensure they are properly maintained.
- Posting of month end adjustments
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Prepare and posting of prepayment and Amortization.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and investigate any discrepancy to the Country Manager and MCW Finance and Administration Manager.
- Preparation and maintenance of fixed asset register by ensuring that all fixed assets have stickers and is updated regularly. Advise Management on the replacement and disposal of fixed assets.
- Assisting external auditors on the provision of supporting documents when requested.
- Preparation of payroll and payment of statutory deductions (PAYE and Social Security).
- Ensure compliance with new regulations and updated MCZ policies as needed.
- Assist with tax health checks as needed.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with MCZ bankers.
- Participate in the preparation of financial projections and budget.
- Provide support to Country Manager in preparation of financial reports requested for quarterly board meetings. When requested, participate board meetings to provide support to Country Director and Misc.
- Carry out any other official duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker – Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations; Response promptly to the needs; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; response well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Education and/or Experience
- A university degree, Advance diploma preferably in Accounting.
- The candidate must possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and computerized accounting packages is a must. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- The candidate must have an idea of what accounting is related to and must have work experience of at least 1 year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office packages specifically spreadsheet, Word Processing software, PowerPoint and computerized accounting packages
Other Skills and Abilities
Fluent in Speaking and writing English
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
How to Apply
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Employee in this job corrects, processes and reconciles a wide variety of accounting documents
Closing date to receive application forms is 23rd September 2020/2021
Email: [email protected]