John Snow, Inc Recruitment for Program Coordinator | See Full Application Details here.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt ssociates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
The Program Coordinator will work with Lusaka and regional-based staff to ensure coordination and communication across project activities and teams. S/he will facilitate activity implementation and ensure staff have the resources they need in order to implement their activities. The Coordinator will also contribute to regular project documentation including regular reporting. The Coordinator also contributes to technical tasks across the USAID SAFE objectives. S/he is responsible for coordinating national and regional level activities, implementation, consolidation and tracking USAID SAFE project workplan activities. This position also provides programmatic, technical and operational assistance to program staff in Lusaka and the regional offices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of USAID SAFE program activities together with regional activities implemented, support the development and dissemination of innovative prevention programs, and provide support in the implementation of HIV prevention interventions through the program;
- In collaboration with the SAFE regional offices, responsible for initiating and drafting Recipient Agreements/ memorandum of understandings/ contracts and amendments;
- Work with the program staff to coordinate activities, monitoring of workplan activities for enhanced service delivery;
- Bridge the link between program and operation to ensure smooth flow of project activities for optimal output;
- Work with the regional offices, finance/procurement and program staff and with the District Health Office/ Provincial Health Office teams and facility staff to coordinate infrastructure support to health facilities;
- Develop and maintain a system to plan and track the progress of project deliverables;
- Coordinating national and regional level activities, implementation, consolidation and tracking of USAID SAFE project workplan activities; and
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or other relevant field
- At least ten (10+) years of professional experience in project management and coordination; focus in HIV/AIDS or public health would be a plus
- Familiarity with USAID reporting requirements is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills in English required
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
How to Apply
Please send a written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected].
The Human Resources Manager USAID SAFE, 45/5B Incito Office Complex Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga P.O. Box 51742 Lusaka, Zambia
NOTE: This advert remains open until filled. Selection is on rolling basis as applications will be processed as they are submitted. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.