Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2025/2026 application form.
The Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2025 (funding available) online application portal, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links are published here on Eduloaded.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Application Instruction.
- Don’t forget that the Rhodes University application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the latest opportunities updates.
Details of Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
Applications are open for the Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2025. The University Council has established several Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships across all faculties, which may be awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The fellowships are intended to foster existing research and scholarly or creative activities within Rhodes University departments and institutes. Ideally, a fellow’s proposed work will closely complement existing programs in the host department.
- Each fellowship is a package of R180 000 per annum, with an additional allocation of a maximum of R20 000 to be used to support the presentation of papers at formal conferences. The fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding.
- Although there is no age restriction, potential Fellows must hold a doctoral degree, awarded within the last five years, preferably from an institution other than Rhodes University and recognized as appropriate to the discipline for which the Fellowship is sought. Successful candidates must be of exceptional merit, as evidenced by the quality and corpus of publications or other recognized forms of achievement relevant to the Fellow’s discipline. The fellowship will be awarded strictly on merit.
- An applicant who has not completed his or her PhD at the time the fellowship is offered must have submitted the PhD thesis by the end of 2025. In these circumstances, the Research Office will require written assurance from the applicant’s supervisor that there is a reasonable expectation that the doctoral degree will be awarded.
- Applications should be made through Heads of Departments or Directors of Research Institutes.
Conditions of the Award
- The University expects that all publications, creative works and other academic products of the Fellowship will bear appropriate acknowledgement with full affiliation to Rhodes University. The University reserves the right to co-ownership of inventions and/or patents directly emanating from research conducted under the sponsorship of the Fellowship.
- The University reserves the right to request the refund of any fellowship paid to the Fellow should the Fellow terminate his/her contract prior to its completion.
Applications for the Fellowships should be made through the potential host department and then directed to the Research Office ([email protected]). The determination of awards will be made by a committee comprising the Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Research and Development (Chair), the Director: Research Office and Faculty Deans.
For more information, visit Rhodes University.
However, if you have any queries regarding Rhodes University, please drop A COMMENT below, and we will respond as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!