How to Apply for Specialist Trainer Processing Recruitment at First Quantum Minerals
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama.
The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Train, assess on selected SME equipment/machinery.
- Training and assessment of field trainers to extend training capability and capacity.
- Train and assess in process operations training program as agreed with Processing Management priorities.
- Develop selected training &/or assessment material.
- Provide on line coaching/ skills transfer support to operators.
- Liaise with training providers.
- Co-ordinate all site based process operating training activities.
- Co-ordination of external vendor training e.g. Pebble crushers, SAG mill, gearless drives etc.
- Training administration i.e. all training/ assessment documentation, record keeping compliance/ ticket renewal reminders etc.
- Provide line supervisors with training planning and delivery support.
- Supervise and measure training delivery of their team.
- Co-ordinate and attend selected operations meetings as training representative.
- Identify and manage team development requirements.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications)
- Primary & Secondary crushing
- Stockpile management
- SAG & Ball mills
- Thickener and pumps
- Tailings dam
- Copper flotation
- Control room operation
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
- Training and Assessing Program development and design
- Intermediate Word 2007
- Intermediate Excel 2007
- Intermediate Power Point 2007
- Certificate in Training & Assessing
- Current drivers license
- Certificate in Frontline management
- Previous experience in Processing Plant operations
- Previous experience as a Process Operator
- 10+ years’ as a Trainer/ Assessor