Africa University International Students Advisory Services/Units… Welcome to the International Students Guide! Feature in this post is about Africa University International Students Guide Advisory Services.
The Vacation Relief program is one that is run by the Dean of Student Affairs under the supervision of the International Students Advisor. It is designed to give a safe, comfortable and secure place for those international students who for various reasons are not able to return to their homes for the vacation. While this program is available to all who need it, spaces are highly limited and is only meant for those in dire need and without any other options.
Countries excluded from participation in the program due to their close proximity to Zimbabwe are:
- South Africa
Parents and guardians of international students are strongly encouraged to make the necessary arrangements to be able to cater for their children’s board and meals should they be remaining on campus for the vacation for whatever reason or to be able to bring their children home for the holidays.
See also: Africa University Contacts
An advertisement is flighted a month before the end of the semester for applications. Students must complete an application form that can be collected from the ISA and attach to this a photocopy of their study permit. The application time is usually one week.
Vacation Relief Requirements
Each student is allocated a station where they must repot to each morning without fail to be assigned various tasks to perform in the line of hygiene and sanitation, grounds maintenance, basic office administration, farming or laboratory work for a period not exceeding five hours daily.
This service is delivered by the student for triple occupancy accommodation and meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) amounting to $6 per day.
Rules and Regulations
Each student who has applied for VRP must:
- Report for work on time as set forth by the duty station manager
- Perform all duties diligently and in a manner that is respectful to their fellow students and the university displaying the character of leadership and discipline that is inherently within each student enrolled at the university.
- Sign in to their duty stations at the start of work and sign out at the end of work thus completing the day’s obligations.
- Advise their supervisor in good time to excuse themselves from the day’s duties should they have another engagement, failure to do so will result in an accumulation of days not worked for which the student must reimburse the university at the beginning of the semester.
The office is committed to:
- Advising international students on Zimbabwean immigration laws and on matters of personal and cultural adjustment.
- Helping, developing and implementing programs designed to enhance the overall experience of Africa University’s international students.
- Playing an active role in the integration of the culturally diverse community of Africa University and promoting the spirit of Ubuntu and Pan- Africanism.
See also: Africa University Programmes/Courses
Ms. Jeanette Victoria Dadzie
International Students Advisor
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. M. Machinga
Acting Dean of Students Affairs