Bugando (CUHAS) Postgraduate Courses & Admission Requirements | Here is the list of The Catholic University Of Health And Allied Sciences, CUHAS postgraduate courses – programmes offered and admission entry requirements.
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
The School of Graduate Studies is currently offering Master of Medicine (MMED) programmes in the clinical disciplines of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Anaesthesiology. The School also offers MPH and Master in Paediatric Nursing (Msc.PN) programmes, and PhD programmes in various specialities.
Entry Requirement for the MMED Programmes
Minimum Entry requirement
- A holder of MD degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Must have scored (during the undergraduate final examinations) a grade of B or Higher in the specialty he/she wants to specialize.
- Must have successfully completed internship and obtained a grade of B or Higher in the specialty he/she wants to study.
- Must have completed at least one year working experience as a medical practitioner in a recognized hospital.
Entry Requirement for the MPH Programmes
- Holders of MD degree or its equivalent with a pass of B grade or above in Community Medicine and at least one year of working experience.
- Holders of B. Sc. Nursing degree with a pass of B grade or above in Community Medicine and at least one year of working experience.
- Holders of first degree in health related disciplines (Health officers, Environmental health, Pharmacy or Laboratory sciences) provided they passed with a lower second and have at least one year of working experience
- Holders of Master Degree in health related disciplines with at least one year of working experience.
Entry Requirements for MSc.PN Program
- A GPA of at least 2.7 in Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing education (BScNE) or Bachelor of Science in Mental Health Nursing (BScM) or Bachelor of Science in Midwifery (BScMid) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing Management from a recognized University
- Graduates from the other recognised Universities with at least a GPA of 2.7 in their first degrees mentioned above are eligible for selection when they have fulfilled the following criteria specified under item iii. and iv, below.
- Graduates mentioned in item i. above should have a minimum of 2 years work experience
- Graduates should have a valid license to practice as registered nurses and midwives with the Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council (TNMC) before their enrolment to the program
Requirement for the PhD Programmes Registration
- The prospective candidate must demonstrate the capacity to carry out research independently and ability to pursue the proposed study programme.
- A candidate for admission for a PhD must be a holder of a relevant Master Degree (MSc, or MMED) of CUHAS-Bugando or any other recognized institution of higher learning within or outside Tanzania
STUDENTS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
For those who qualify and are selected
- Payment of a Non-Refundable registration fee to be determined by the University from time to time.
- Proof of ability to pay the Annual Fees set by the University. This may be through certified sponsorship or other written proof.
- Compliance with any other conditions that the University may deem appropriate.