German Government DAAD Scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developed and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education, and health for all.
Type: Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: Varies By Courses
Value & Duration of Award:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Eligible Field of Study:
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education, and Law
- Media Studies
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be considered for the German Government DAAD Scholarship, applicants must:
- works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
Applicants who have been residents in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed and signed checklist
- DAAD application “Application for a research/study scholarship” (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the europass template including exact information about your studies and practical experience
- One Letter of Motivation with detailed reference to academic, professional and personal reasons for applying for the programme.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) showing at least two years of relevant work experience after the Bachelor’s degree up to the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home. The certificate of employment from the current employer should, if possible, include a guarantee of re-employment after returning to the home country.
- Recent proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates.
- Copy of your full set of transcripts of records.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.