Liberty’s scholarship offers are designed to help online college students gain financial support through academic or other achievements and memberships. Each scholarship has unique requirements and deadlines. It is essential to keep these deadlines in mind as you apply for scholarships online to allow enough time for processing. Explore our various scholarships for online students below.
Liberty University Online (LUO) Scholarships
Canadian Student Discount
Award: A 15% discount beginning in Spring 2018 (U.S. dollar amount) is offered to Canadian citizens taking Liberty University Online courses.
- Canadians only; please call (800) 424-9595 to speak with an admissions specialist and learn more.
- This award is not stackable with the First Responder and Liberty Online Advantage Discounts.
Students may submit a copy of their Canadian passport, birth certificate, or citizenship papers via email to [email protected] or via fax to (434) 582-2053.
Children of Fallen Heroes
Award: Maximum Pell Grant for the academic year
Eligibility: Must be a Pell Grant eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer while the student was 24 years of age or younger or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parent’s or guardian’s death. Email [email protected] to receive full documentation and eligibility details.
First Responders Discount
Award: 25% tuition discount (student must pay for books, materials, and the current technology fee per term)
- Eligible students must be currently employed or volunteering within the last five years or retired from a career listed below.
- Approved Positions:
- 911 Emergency Dispatcher (certificate required)
- Border Patrol Officer
- Campus Emergency Responder
- Campus Police
- Civil Air Patrol (Senior Member)
- Community Supervision Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Criminal Investigator
- Department of Homeland Security
- Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT)
- EMS/EMT worker (license required)
- FEMA volunteer
- Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) members
- Game Warden
- LifeFlight personnel
- Maritime Officer
- Medevac (fixed wing/helicopter pilot, ambulance, maritime)
- Park Ranger
- Parole Officer
- Police/Peace Officer
- Search and Rescue Worker (license required)
- Security Officer for Public Safety
- Special Agent
- State Trooper
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents
- United States Security Personnel field agent (example: FBI, CIA, DHS, DEA)
- U.S. Marshal
- Administrative/non-field/chaplaincy positions are not eligible for the First Responders Discount.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, or Canadian citizen. This award is not stackable with the Canadian Student Discount.
- Military students whose MOS is Military Police Officer may qualify to receive the military tuition discount, but cannot also receive the First Responders Discount for their military police service. Military students who serve in an emergency response role as a civilian may qualify for both discounts. Students anticipating using the First Responders Discount in conjunction with military benefits must first contact the Office of Military Affairs.
- For questions about this award, email [email protected].
- Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program to be eligible for the First Responder Discount. Students applying to a certificate program or as a non-degree-seeking student will not be eligible.
- Students must provide proof of employment or volunteer status in the form of a letter from the employer or volunteer agency on letterhead OR a legible copy of the position identification card to [email protected]. Additional documentation may be requested as needed. If the student is enrolled beyond the initial approval period of the discount, Liberty University may request documentation be resent to confirm continued eligibility.
- Include student ID numbers and attention to scholarships in all communication.
Heroes Fund Scholarship
Award: The Heroes Fund Scholarship (HFS) is offered to service members and honorably discharged Gulf War veterans (1990 to present day, which includes Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and OEF/OIF) pursuing their first certificate, associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree. Students approved for this scholarship will be awarded an amount to cover all remaining tuition and fees once financial aid and military aid have been deducted from the total amount of tuition and fees charged.
- Be a recipient of the prestigious Purple Heart or
- Rated 50-100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs for a “combat-related” Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or
- Rated 50-100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs for “combat-related” injury, illness, or condition or
- A spouse was killed in action during one of the Gulf Wars
Application: Students wishing to apply for the Heroes Fund Scholarship are required to submit the documentation itemized on the Heroes Fund Scholarship: Application Process web page. A complete HFS application will include all of the general document requirements, the appropriate qualifying documents, and any additional supporting documents that are determined as needed.
International Mission Board (IMB)
Liberty must receive a letter from IMB verifying the student’s current status. The student must contact IMB for the letter. IMB personnel should contact the appropriate team in the IMB Personnel Services Center for the letter.
Award: 100% of tuition (student must pay the $50 administrative fee per term)
- Awarded to Liberty University Online graduate students pursuing a Master of Arts in Religion (MAR) degree who have journeyman status with the IMB.
- For questions about this award, email [email protected].
The student must fax or send a letter from the IMB to their academic advisor or admissions specialist. Include the student ID number and the title of “ATTN: Scholarships” in all communication.
(434) 582-7586 (fax)
Liberty University Online
1971 University Boulevard
Lynchburg VA, 24515
However, if you have any Suggestions, or Correction regarding the Mukuba University Fees Structure 2023/2024, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to like our social platforms in order to share, discuss & get the latest updates about the institution.
>>> Be Social By Sharing this post via the Sharing Button Below <<<