University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) Quality Assurance Bureau Portal/Website.
Welcome to the QAB Home
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) strives to provide an environment for teaching, learning, research, public service and support services that stimulates innovation and produces world-class outcomes that are comparable to the highest international standards. This noble aim is reflected in the UDSM Vision and Mission statements.
The UDSM established the QAB in September 2007 as an internal organ with the mission to constantly monitor and evaluate Quality Assurance (QA) processes at the university.
QAB functions as the Vice Chancellor’s secretariat on QA issues and its performance is guided by the UDSM QA Policy.
The pivotal role of this organ is to determine whether or not quality standards set internally for measuring performance in all core operational areas of the University are constantly met and updated and that they measure up to the national, regional and international benchmarks.
The QAB is linked in working relations to the top management and to units implementing the QA agenda with a view to:
- Constantly supply them with updated evaluation schedules and instruments;
- Facilitate unit and programme evaluations;
- Provide unit heads with feedback on internal (self) and external evaluation results;
- Advise units on proper implementation of improvements which have been recommended by review teams; and
- Ensure that units adhere to the established QA procedures.
The Bureau is a link organ between UDSM and stakeholders including external QA agencies (e.g. NCHE – Uganda, CHE – Kenya, CHE – South Africa, MESCT – Malawi & Mozambique and many others from within and outside Africa); regulatory bodies (e.g. TCU, NCHE, CHE, IUCEA etc.) and professional bodies within and outside the country (e.g. IET/ERB, MBAA, TLA etc.) that are relevant to the activities of the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Advise CEOs and units on setting and improvement of performance standards that are appropriate and relevant to the UDSM;
- Coordinate internal and external evaluation of UDSM and its programmes;
- Establish and review UDSM QA policy and operational manual;
- Link with external actors, in particular with professional and regulatory bodies, employers, students, community and alumni to raise the profile of the UDSM;
- Ensure existence and implementation of an acceptable & robust system of Examinations;
- Coordinate and manage Students’ Evaluation of the staff and programmes;
- Coordinate strategies for Tracer Studies and staff training on QA areas established after conducting a needs survey;
- Analyse QA reports and advice UDSM CEOs/units.
University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) Quality Assurance Bureau Website
Some partner websites
Quality Assurance Bureau (QAB),
University of Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2410500-9 Ext 2455
E-mail: [email protected]