Zwakele Mncwango Biography, Age, Wife, Politics & Net Worth
Zwakele Mncwango (born 27 November 1978) is a South African politician that is currently serving as a Member of the KwaZulu-Natal Legislature.
Mncwango previously served as the Leader of the Opposition in the KwaZulu-Natal Legislature from the year 2018 to 2019.
Elected in 2015, he is also the Provincial Leader of the KwaZulu-Natal Democratic Alliance (DA) and was re-elected in 2018. Mncwango was also the party’s KwaZulu-Natal Premier candidate for the 2019 election.
|Date of Birth
|27 November 1978 (41 years old)
Zwakele Mncwango Age
He was born on the 27th of November 1978 in Nongoma, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. As of 2019, he is 41 years old.
Zwakele Mncwango Wife
His wife is known as Lindiwe Mncwango and they got married in June 2019.
His school fees were paid by his elder brother so that he could attend King Bhezulu High School. After graduating from high school, he moved to Durban for his tertiary studies.
Mncwango bagged a National Diploma in Electrical Engineering and a Bachelor of Technology in Engineering Management from the Durban University of Technology. He also bagged a master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- He joined the Democratic Alliance in 2002 after studying all the major political parties’ policies.
- In 2006, he became a member of the KwaZulu-Natal Youth Parliament and has held various leadership roles in the Democratic Alliance ever since
- In 2015, he declared his candidacy for the post of Provincial Leader of the Democratic Alliance and was elected at the party’s provincial congress on 25 April 2015.
- Mncwango won re-election to a second term as Provincial Leader of the party in February 2018 after he defeated Sizakele Emmanuel Mhlongo.
- Mncwango in August 2020, announced that he would be retiring as provincial leader ahead of the party’s provincial conference next year.
That’s all regarding the Biography of Zwakele Mncwango, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS: