The American University, located in the United States, stands out as a prestigious higher education institution. Known for its robust academic programs, vibrant campus life, and dedication to nurturing intellectual growth, it provides a broad spectrum of academic programs spanning various disciplines.
This wide array of departments includes arts and sciences, business, communications, international service, and public affairs, enabling students to explore diverse interests and career avenues.
One of the university’s key focuses is on global awareness and international involvement. It offers an array of study abroad options, and international internships, and boasts a diverse student population, fostering a global outlook among its graduates.
- Host University: American University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Masters and Bachelor Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial and Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 4,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Arts in Strategic Communication, Arts in Economics, Nutrition Education, Public Administration and Policy, Science in Counter-Terrorism and Homeland Security, Science in Health Promotion Management;
The Global Leaders Scholarships are now available for all Masters and Bachelor Students in the fields of: Nutrition Education, Science in Counter-Terrorism and Homeland Security, Science in Health Promotion Management, Public Administration and Policy, Arts in Strategic Communication, and Arts in Economics, to have the opportunity to pursue their studies at the American University, USA.
The university is known for its rigorous and intellectually challenging curriculum. Students are encouraged to engage critically with their course materials, fostering a deep understanding of their chosen field of study, it emphasizes research, giving students the chance to work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research projects.
The university promotes interdisciplinary studies, allowing students to combine knowledge from various fields to address complex issues. This approach encourages creativity and innovation. American University incorporates innovative technology into its teaching and research, ensuring that students have access to the latest tools and resources to enhance their learning, it provides a range of academic support services, including tutoring, writing centers, and advising, to help students excel academically.
The American University Global Leader Scholarship for 2024 in the United States is a wonderful opportunity designed for international undergraduate students. This scholarship encompasses the following aspects:
- Full Tuition Fees
It’s essential to bear in mind that while the EGL scholarship covers these significant costs, there are some additional expenses that it does not cover, which are estimated to be around $4,000 annually. These include:
- Health Insurance
- Airline Tickets
- Incidental Expenses
To be eligible for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University in the United States for 2024, aspiring candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The scholarship is open to individuals of any nationality applying for American University’s Online Master’s Scholarships. If you’re pursuing admission to a Master’s degree program, you should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- A strong academic track record is a fundamental requirement for those applying for this scholarship.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during the initial two semesters of their Master’s Program.
- Online Application
- Create an Account: You may need to create an account on the university’s application platform. This account will serve as a central hub for submitting your application materials and tracking your application status.
- Submission Deadline: Knowing the submission deadline is crucial; typically, it falls well ahead of the academic year you intend to enroll in.
- Transcripts: Applicants need to submit official transcripts from their prior educational institutions, including undergraduate schools, showcasing a strong academic history.
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate: A copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate may be required to verify your eligibility for a Master’s program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Typically, applicants must submit letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their academic abilities, character, and leadership potential.
- Resume/CV: A comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae should be included, highlighting your educational and professional experiences, leadership roles, and any relevant achievements.
- Passport Copy: A copy of your passport is typically required to verify your nationality.
- Bachelor’s Degree: To be eligible for a Master’s program, you generally need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Academic Excellence: Most scholarship programs have a minimum GPA requirement, and strong academic performance is usually expected.
- Leadership Qualities: Demonstrated leadership qualities and a commitment to making a positive impact are highly valued in scholarship applicants.
English is the primary language of instruction at American University, and proficiency in English is essential for success. Language requirements can often be met through:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): The university may require a minimum TOEFL score, which varies by program but is usually around 80-100 for the internet-based test.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): An IELTS score may be accepted as an alternative to TOEFL. The required score is often around 6.5-7.0.
- Duolingo English Test: Some institutions accept the Duolingo English Test, with a required score typically around 110-120.
For more information, please visit the University’s official website: https://www.american.edu/admissions/international/au-egls-apply.cfm